Hotline: +84 352 165 585

Address: 13, Street 41, Ward 10, District 6, HO CHI MINH City

Opening Times: Mon - Sat 08:00 - 18:00

16th October 2018
By Yurivisa


You Have To Know:

Ten years ago, foreigners who wanted to stay in Vietnam for a long period of time were only able to apply for a six- to twelve-month visa and were not exempted for entry or exit visa.

After the issuance of the Ordinance No. 24/2000 on Entry, Exit and Residence of foreigners in Vietnam, a foreigner may get permanent or temporary residence card valid for one to three years. The card will act as a proof of identity and an entry visa when traveling within, in and out of Vietnam. This helps foreigners save a large amount of time and money for visa application as well as visa extension during the entry, exit and residence in Vietnam.

Foreigners who hold Work Permits valid for one year or more, as well as senior management, can be granted a Temporary Residential Card (TRC). A TRC is issued by the immigration agency under the Ministry of Public Security, and will be valid from 1 to 5 years. People granted a TRC can enter and exit Vietnam without a visa within the valid terms of their TRC.

Who can apply:
Members of a limited liable company with two members or more
Owner of a one-member limited liability company
Members in the Board of a joint-stock company
Foreign lawyers who have been licensed by Ministry of Justice to practice law in Vietnam as stipulated by law
Foreigners having work permit, work in various kinds of foreign enterprises and representative offices of foreign companies.
Professionals, students, trainees working or studying in national programs and projects signed between the ministries and approved by the government.
Accompanying relatives (father, mother, wife, husband, children under 18 of the granting residence card person).
Issuing Authority: TRC is issued by the authorized provincial office managing entry and exit under the Ministry of Public Security.

Required documents:
- 01 written request for TRC (form N5A), declaration of information on foreigners
applying for TRC (form N5B) with photos (attached 02 photos sized 3x4 cm). - 01 copy of passport or visa which is still valid (bring the original for comparison).
- 01 copy (bring the original for comparison) of legal record of the agency, organization or enterprise which gives sponsorship for the person requesting TRC.
* Depending on specific cases legal record may include Business registration Certificate or Investment Certificate or License for the establishment of representative office.
- 01 copy of work permit (bring the original for comparison) in case it is required.
- Proof document of temporary residence address from local police department.
- In case of accompanying relatives, documents showing proof of relationship such as: birth certificates, marriage registration and family book are a must.

TRC is valid for a period of one to three years.
The duration of TRC is at least 01 month shorter than the duration of the passport.
No TRC will be issued for person with passport valid for less than one year.

Processing time and fee: The processing time is 05 working days from the date of receiving complete documents (except for replacing card lost).
According to the time limit of TRC. To be specific: one year: USD, from one to two years: USD, from two to three years: USD. Payment is paid in VND. Exchange rate as Vietcombank.

Useful Information:
When you get your TRC lost, you must immediately notify the issuing agency.
Re-issuing procedure is similar to granting a new one but the regular processing time is 14 working days

Card image

About our Office


visit us

13, Street 41, Ward 10, District 6, HO CHI MINH City

Call us

Call us on +84 352 165 585

Mail us

Mail us on